This month I’ve been writing to you about employee engagement and how to show the love to yourself and your team members. This is what we covered so far:
- Week 1 – it’s the small things that make a big impact! An extra-long break, a team lunch, a Starbucks gift card ($5 goes a long way – I’m telling you!)
- Week 2 – Communication! Talking with team members about strategy and getting them involved with fulfilling the team strategy.
- Week 3 – Focus on positive energy around you and STOP DOING the things that frustrate you the most.
If you have read my content before you know I am a big believer in a few things: Communication; Development; and Follow Through. This month is no different. Follow through is key to your success and that’s not a gimmick or a line I’m feeding you. You lose credibility when you say you’re going to do something and don’t follow through with it.[tweetthis]Don’t lose credibility. If you say it, DO IT![/tweetthis]
So back to you and some of the things you’ve said you’re going to do. What are you most looking forward to in 2016? Are you plans well underway or are you struggling to get things off the ground?
If you started something and didn’t get around to completing it, now is your chance to make good on those commitments to YOURSELF and to others. This week’s Feel the Love Tip #4 is to follow up on the loose ends.
- If you made a New Year’s resolution but didn’t follow though – do it now.
- If you had plans to create goals for 2016 but didn’t – do it now.
- If you met with your team earlier this month to enlist their help with achieving a goal – follow up now.
- If you didn’t show appreciation for your team members this month – do it now.
Don’t feel overwhelmed by this list. You don’t have to do it all! Do one of these things. Just ONE. Just ONE! Make changes that are manageable, not something that causes you more frustrations.